Drive Genius 6.1.3
July 27, 2020
- Fix Drive Pulse Clone auto-sync task not running for 10.15 system volumes.
- Tweaked Drive Pulse task scheduling to be less agressive in canceling tasks when Time Machine is active.
Drive Genius 6.1.2
June 30, 2020
- Malware Scan now displays a data-loss warning when automatic Move-to-Trash is enabled.
- Fix BootWell required restart failing with 'drive not availble' when using an APFS startup drive.
- Fix Bootwell drive update failing when the startup drive was APFS and the Bootwell drive was HFS+.
- Fix Consistency Check potentially failing with 'can't open drive' on 10.13+ HFS startup drives.
- Fix Apple Hardware Encryption being spuriously detected for external drives on machines that did not have a T2 chip.
- Fix DG Malware Scan re-scanning infected files that were previously moved to the Trash.
Drive Genius 6.1.1
May 19, 2020
- A licensed computer can now be deactivated from the Drive Genius menu.
- Fix a minor resource leak during APFS volume discovery.
- Fix potential virtual memory thrashing during a malware scan on machines with 4GB of RAM.
- Fix a potential stability issue when launching Drive Genius from Drive Pulse.
Drive Genius 6.1
March 18, 2020
- macOS 10.15 Catalina support.
- Speed can now be run on on the startup drive without needing to reboot to a Bootwell drive.
- Find Large Files and Find Duplicates results can be previewed using Quicklook (in List view only).
- Find Large Files and Find Duplicates now ignore all hidden files and folders. This greatly reduces "noise" in the results.
- Updated malware engine.
- Data Rescue can be opened from the Drive Pulse menu.
- Moved Defrag, Rebuild and Repartition utilities to a new "Legacy" group. Speed has been moved to the "Clean" group.
- The Help book now supports dark mode.
- Fix Clone/Bootwell drives not working as startup drives when the source APFS drive contained multiple startup volumes.
- Windows Restore volumes are now hidden.
- BootWell will only allow external drives or SD cards to be used for creating a BootWell drive.
- Reduce possibility of Drive Pulse using an inordinate amount of memory.
- BootWell drive creation now ignores the Backblaze library folder. This folder can be quite large, unecessarily bloating the BootWell drive.
- Fix Find Large Files and Duplicates potentially taking an inordinate amount of time to cancel.
- Fix Clone hanging when the target was a disk image (6.0 regression).
- Fix Malware Scan indicating that it's still scanning files when it completed with 0 files scanned.
- Fix APFS Fusion drive physical drive detection for 10.14+.
- Fix Instant Pulse not working in Lite mode.
Drive Genius 6.0.1
September 17, 2019
- Better detection of system hibernation file when calculating optimal Free Space for the startup drive.
- Fix potential failure to recognize a new activation without a relaunch.
- Fix Bootwell creation failure due to copying extremely large database files created by Acronis True Image.
- Fix stability issue when support folder creation failed due to a permissions issue.
Drive Genius 6.0
August 29, 2019
- Added automatic synchronization support for cloned drives. When enabled Drive Pulse will continually update clones in the background.
- Updated UI, including full support for 10.14 Dark Mode support.
- Malware Scan can now generate a report of all files scanned.
- DrivePulse displays the temperature of drives in the DrivePulse menu (if supported by the drive).
- DrivePulse "Live" Malware Scan is now a better energy citizen while the computer is on battery.
- Duplicates and Large Files export now include a column showing if the file was removed or not.
- Drive Pulse scheduling is now adaptive to system load allowing Drive Pulse tasks to run even when the system is constantly busy.
- Drive Pulse will now cleanup log files on launch. This prevents unbounded log growth when Drive Genius has not been launched for an extended period.
- Basic support for 10.15. Full support is forthcoming.
- macOS 10.12.6 or later is required.
- Repair no longer treats warnings as errors.